Tuesday 6 August 2013

The Girl In The Sky


There is a girl in the sky and her golden hair hangs over her delicate face
There is a boy on the ground and he cranes his neck up to admire the girl
“Come down!” He pleads but the girl shakes her head reluctantly.
“It’s too far below, I will plunge to my death”
 “But I’ll catch you and never drop you” He cried out in desperation.
The girl in the sky shakes her head again.
“I have a plan!” The boy leaped in delight “Follow me, this way!”
The boy dressed in rags, stitched with barbed wire, sprints a head.
The girl dressed in white, lace made from clouds, runs through the air after him.
There is a woman in the sea and her eyes darken the waters
“Can my girl fall down and land safely in your waves?” asked the boy excitedly.
“I’m afraid not, there is nothing safe about the ocean and she will crash and drown”
Undeterred, the boy races through the trees with his girl overhead.
There is a man in the mountains and he watches over the land
“Can my girl climb down your mountain safely from the skies?” cried out the boy
The man yelled down. “Never, you can climb the mountain but never descend from it.”
The boy, defeated, sits. The girl, devastated, cries.
If the boy couldn’t get his girl on the ground, he would reunite with her in sky he decided.
With a deep breath, he takes flight and scrambles towards the girl, who tears are wiped away by the overpowering smile and the broken boy and the beautiful girl embrace in a lovers tangle.
There is a boy in the sky and he admires his girl’s golden hair and delicate face.

No comments: